AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wind towers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mattchu60
Posted 3/19/2024 14:52 (#10671612 - in reply to #10670812)
Subject: RE: wind towers

NC IA
My thoughts on wind farms - absentee landowners love them because they get money and do not have to live next to them. The people that have to live next to them do not like them as they have a rhythmic thumping noise and the shadow flicker they can create will drive you crazy, also there are constant red blinking lights at night that shine into your windows.

The people that are sent out to sign people up are great salesmen and will say whatever needed to get people on board, but they are not employees of the wind company and when the rubber hits the road, all those promises made by the salesmen mean nothing - its what's in the lease that matters. They do stretch the truth as well (they lie). I did not sign up - when I spoke to a neighbor a few weeks later I was told the salesperson visited them and told them I had signed up so they should too since our land is close to each other.

Read the lease carefully, you give up a lot of rights and grant a lot of power to them. You cannot terminate the lease, only they have that power. Once you sign up there's no turning back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)