AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much do you travel now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 3/4/2024 15:45 (#10651354 - in reply to #10651218)
Subject: RE: How much do you travel now

Sheridan Mi
You know, I got to thinking about this kind of thing yesterday when the wife were on a bike ride. I've always thought that when you retire, you probably get in to a routine of doing nothing, and that's where you stay. We're not retired, still farming cattle. The wife has a greenhouse and heirloom seed business that keeps her busy, but we still do a lot of things for recreation and entertainment. We take off for a week or so at least twice a year, more darned weekend or overnight trips than you can shake a stick at and a LOT of day trips. I've always said though, I need something to get away from. It's all attitude, not believing the world is coming to an end and wanting to experience every joy in life that you possibly can.

It's like I told a young guy that waited on us at the float tanks we went to last summer. I said I'll give you one piece of advice, when you get to be our age, find some younger friends, people this age won't get off their tails and do anything. We had our 50 year high school reunion that past July. There were some things coming up that the wife and I were planning, day trips, and I tried to get some other couples to do them with us. "We just took in our grand daughter", "We can't leave the dog alone for that long", "She's got a doctor's appointment", The list just goes on.

Worst part is, these are the same people pushing me all the time, "When are you going to retire so you have some time to do things?". Why, so I can sit around and watch the dog like you do? God help me if I ever have to retire. There are just way too many places I want to go and things I want to do. My biggest fear in life is losing my wife and not being able to find another woman who still has some life left in her and wants to do the same things that we do together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)