AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much do you travel now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jwal10
Posted 3/4/2024 15:32 (#10651341 - in reply to #10651330)
Subject: RE: How much do you travel now

Western Oregon
My folks dairied, then beef cattle and sheep, we usually took a trip for the day to the beach right before school started, 50 mile trip. When I was farming I rarely left the farm except to get parts, seed and fertilizer, 2 mile trip except maybe 3-4 times to the beach after the kids came, 50 mile trip. When I retired at 55 we traveled a little in the car. Wife was having a few health problems and needed a bathroom handy. bought a small 12 yr old Class A motorhome, cheap. We traveled all over Oregon, Washington and northern California. Second year to Yellowstone, Tetons and Idaho. 3rd year all over the NW, again. COVID, took 2 years off. Then shorter trips along Oregon coast and central Oregon. Sold motorhome. Fixed up old van and built a small cottage at a lake and the beach. We will take a few trips up and down the coast in the van. Spend our time between here, the beach and a couple trips. I am about done traveling, another year or 2 but I wouldn't trade what we did, for anything. I never liked to be away from home or drive, much. Cataract surgery, no night driving and continued eye problems have ruined it for me....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)