AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Spreader Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/3/2024 08:20 (#10649261 - in reply to #10649176)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Spreader Control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You bring up some good points. My guess is that there is some confusion in the settings such as incorrect valve type, CFR values, gate settings, density etc. With the Ag Leader granular system, each product needs its own density value since the density varies between products. Actually it may vary considerably within the same product.

This is necessary since the operator wishes to enter a rate in pounds but the bed sensor is measuring output in volume.

This is quite simple with water in a sprayer since the flow meter measures the product as volume and the operator enters the target rate as volume desired/acre. NH3 is an exception but we'll leave that for another day.

Has there been any change in any of the equipment between when it worked and now? A change in valves, shaft sensor etc. might require some other changes.

The input from the bed sensor could be a problem. The sensor could be failing. Trying to operate out of the range of the sensor can also lead to false readings. If the bed is turning beyond the upper limits of the sensor, the pulses (in some case literally seen since an optical sensor is used) become a blur and the results are inaccurate. On the other hand if the pulses are extremely far apart the values may just drop out.

This was quite evident when I disassembled both a high speed and a low speed DJ shaft sensor. The only difference internally was the disk they used. The disks contain black/white pie shaped pieces. An optical sensor watched the disk as it rotated. A pulse was produced when the area under the sensor went from black to white.

With the low speed model, the disk had narrow pie shaped pieces so that many black/white transitions were produced for each revolution. The disk in the high speed model had fewer wider pie shaped pieces so fewer black/white transitions were produced for each revolution. This meant that choosing the appropriate model (internal disk) was important to allow the sensor to operate within its working range.

Edited by tedbear 3/3/2024 08:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)