AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Spreader Control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Hennings Equip Co
Posted 3/1/2024 16:58 (#10647189)
Subject: Ag Leader Spreader Control

I am working on a spreader truck with an Ag Leader Edge controlling the spreader module. The belt will not run at a constant speed. If the product is set to tons and is a larger rate of say 10 tons per acre the belt will run smoothly and change speed with the truck speed. It will not ever speed the belt up enough to hit rate however. The max belt speed is set to 60 and at 18mph it says it's running at 45rpm which I assume should hit rate. If the product is set to pounds and running say 200 lbs. per acre the belt will start and stop as the target rate goes to 900-1000 lbs. about instantly when you take off then drops to 0 then back up. The encoder reflects this behavior. There is a new encoder which I have tested its operation and also a new servo. The encoder is set to 180 to match the sticker. The valve is set to servo to match what it is. I have tried the customers settings as well as Ag Leaders default settings for the belt and several in between but nothing really changes. I have also checked the encoder and servo extensions and they are good. I know there is a lot more at play here with product density's, weights per cubic foot, gate height etc. I have not changed any of their settings as this did work before with their product settings but this spring it will not work. In manual the belt works fine so it's not a mechanical issue. They have a radar gun and it matches a GPS speed. I feel it is a setting(s) or potentially the spreader module is bad but I'm unsure at this point. I did hook up a brand new InCommand 1200 and set it up to run it and it did exactly the same thing as the Edge so the display and cabling is good. Only thing I don't have a spare of is the module. Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)