AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dekalb availability issues?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

npschaps
Posted 2/26/2024 08:48 (#10640409 - in reply to #10637900)
Subject: RE: Dekalb availability issues?

NC IA
From DKC? The only Hybrids from them I'd consider planting are 105-35/33, 101-35/33, and 103-47. Maybe 59-82. And all of those numbers are oversold by 30% in our region. I'm not interested in any of their other over priced products. I get that they had a pretty good year last year, but we had zero tarspot pressure. In 22' we saw what tarspot does to Bayer genetics, I am willing to risk that on a portion of acres, but I'd much rather plant hybrids from a more resilient genetic source. And the good news is we have several private companies now that have access to germplasm from multiple sources and they have licensing for traits from all 3 majors, so I can get a hybrid with the health of corteva, but with a bayer trait.

We had very good success with both 105 day hybrids Brevant had in our region, as well as a some 103 day and a 101 day we planted late. Average yield was 248 for the Brevant acres and we only had 9" of rain from May 1st to September 1st. I will have some of that this year, but most is going to a private family owned company.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)