AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

filling a propane tank.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 1/14/2023 10:48 (#10039424 - in reply to #10039031)
Subject: RE: filling a propane tank.

West Union, Illinois

twraska - I recently asked my supplier about the plastic gas line. He said the plastic line was available but the “special” fittings were $150 each, making copper still the choice for most.
I've not priced any lately but unless you are talking big stuff that seems high. I forget the break even point, where plastic + fittings becomes less costly than copper.  Nothing is cheap, just less costly.  It used to be around 50 feet but with copper prices I'm sure it has changed.

I'm in some propane groups on Facebook.  Plastic vs copper vs other stuff is on ongoing discussion.  Some guys just do not use copper, no sane person would use copper, it won't last, on and on.  The I pull out the old guy card and mention a copper line I put in in 30 years ago, or that one was installed in 1973.  A lot depends on the soils.  We have a customer with a driveway that has a fly ash base. It will eat up brass in 2 days when buried in his yard.  Boss told me when I started never let copper lay on the ground under a house or porch.  Bury it or hang it.  Leaving it on top of the ground it will get holes in it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)