AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lets talk residue movers, floating verses fixed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 4/26/2009 11:35 (#693316 - in reply to #693275)
Subject: RE: Lets talk residue movers, floating verses fixed.

Saronville NE
Ive got Yetter fixed finger wheels on my new to me 1720, and Im not overly impressed, I had Sunco shark tooth fixed wheels on my 7300 8r30 I traded off, I liked the Suncos better, may even trade for them for next yr, In overall conditions like Im running in doing custom planting, going from conventional, severe notill, light notill, and ridgetill, the suncos did a better job. What I have noticed on the Yetter finger wheels they plug really easily in disked ground, even when running them really light, and plug in notill ground also, havent gotten to the ridgetill ground yet. My suncos NEVER plugged once on me the 5 yrs we owned them. These Yetters I have to keep constantly changing depth or will have promblems. I have changed depth more this yr, than I did in the entire 5 yrs I owned the Suncos.
Ive had alot of that notill ground with different trash blow promblems like you are talking about Millhouse, so far have goten thru it, once in a while it isnt moving as much trash as Id like, but the seed seems to be at the depth I was aiming for, without being hairpinned so quess I will be satisfied with the job it did for now. I hear ya was really hoping to get some rain outa this deal and looks like all we will get is some drizzle and make it tuff enuff to hav to stay outa the field today, if no rain would like to keep motivatin, got plenty left to plant, about half done, last customer really slowed me down, couldnt stay ahead of me with the disk. But is all notill and 1 qrtr of ridgetill, so should be alot better sailing now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)