AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lets talk residue movers, floating verses fixed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 4/26/2009 09:22 (#693155 - in reply to #692915)
Subject: Re: Lets talk residue movers, floating verses fixed.

Leesburg, Ohio
Jim is being polite by not talking about other brands, and I would expect nothing less from him.

I'm not in the equipment business, so I don't have to be polite. TRASH THE YETTERS! My dealer did the same thing to me when I bought my last planter, and after the first half of the season, the yetters came off and went in his junk pile, and I made him refund my money and order me some Martins. The yetters would do nothing but ball up trash and either dig trenches or skip along and leave piles of trash in front of the seed discs. Never had that trouble with the Martins on the previous planter, nor since with the newer Martins.

I went with the floating Martins, (because at the time i had unit mounted fertilizer openers, and the only row cleaners I could fit in were the wrap-around floating type) and get along good, but I wish I had my old fixed-mount adjustable Martins back from the previous planter. The Dawn unit-mounted fixed wheels would be as good. We have the Dawn Curvetines on the back and really like them. I expect the Martin spiked closing wheels would be good also. Stay away from Yetter! (Sounds like maybe Jim and Howard are getting run over by dealers getting a bigger cut from Yetter???)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)