AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oilfield Drilling Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

twraska
Posted 3/27/2009 09:04 (#658431 - in reply to #658392)
Subject: RE: Oilfield Drilling Questions

Wallis, TX
Given enough depth they can drill horziontal. I don't know the radius for the bend but they can go a long ways out.

For well sites watch out for the mud pit and don't let them 'farm out' or spread the mud over your ground unless you want the slime forever. Don't let them bury it either, it will be soft for a long time maybe decades. Make sure the pipelines to the plant are buried deep enough to never get hit (in TX this is not regulated and can actually be on top of ground). And make sure the roads will be maintained and that it is spelled out in the agreement if they are to be left or picked up after the well is plugged. Here they are famous for picking up most of the gravel but still leaving a bunch of rocks and sometimes a hole to farm over.

I would also reccommend have an attorney familiar with oil & gas leases look over the contract. Things like how long they have to get a well in service, if they can hold all depths or if you can re-lease deeper or shallower than what they are producing and how they will pay damages need to be addressed. I could go on and on but I have to get going this morning. If you have any questions call me @ 979-571-7097.
Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)