AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

High fertlizer prices and fertlizer placement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

fertilizerguy
Posted 3/16/2008 10:45 (#335028 - in reply to #334949)
Subject: Re: High fertlizer prices and fertlizer placement

Banding is really short term solution to the high fertilizer pricing. You generally use less in the band as compared to broadcast which will save money in the short term. The long term outlook is that eventally you will lower your soil test levels because the crop needs so many nutrients regardless of placement. I know the have been studies done done by Dr. Rehm in Minnesota saying that this not the case but I haven't seen any other University or unbiased private data that supports this.

Look past the high prices for a moment and look at the potential net return on these arces. In many cases it's much higher than a few years ago. I hear what if the grain tanks all the time. If it something happens it makes applying now, in profitable times, even more important so you have a cushion when cash flow gets tight. Think about a few years ago if you would have have a big diesel tank and decided not to refill it at $2 even though you had you the means then because you felt prices were too high. It's empty now and regardless of price or you finacial situation you will have to buy diesel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)