AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gasoline tank disposal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 3/9/2008 13:07 (#329794)
Subject: Gasoline tank disposal

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
Here on the farm I have a 550 gallon steel gasoline tank. 12 -15 years ago we dug it up and emptied it, at the time I had an aquaintance that was licensed to remove and dispose of fuel tanks, brother said he would like to hang onto it for a while. Well, I looked at that tank again today and its' got to go. Aquaintance that I had is no longer with us and there are regs up the wah hoo about moving tanks on the highway, heck there are even regs for removal and abandonment, thinking we already missed that part. I have cut up several fuel tanks in the past, no problems/no bang. Gas tank,,,,,,probably a different story, I have locations to get rid of scrap steel but it can't be in the shape of a tank.
Facts to consider, been sitting outside for atleast 10 years, calling someone to remove it is not an option, no way to mash/crush tank with equipment here, so I quess the only option is to cut it up, What is the best purge? water or carbon monoxide?.
Anyone have a productive idea to share on the removal/disposal of this tank? Your thoughts are welcomed,,,,,,,,,,,,Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)