AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I don't "get" RR corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/2/2007 11:34 (#197036 - in reply to #196993)
Subject: RE: Crop Safety!!!!!!!!!!!

Chebanse, IL.....

Makes a big-time difference here in safety. Most of the tank-mix w/glypos on corn now is probably atrazine locally. A very old but very safe product on corn. Never heard of atz damage. Most any other post corn product has a "hitch" to it somewhere. We used/tried most all of the post corn products for yrs & you'd often hold your breath when you'd get that frost a day or 2 after spraying....or it just stayed cold....or the seed corn rep would show up about 2 days after you sprayed & ask "say....you didn't spray any XXXX on that 1234 variety.....did you? We're seeing some knotting/twisting/discoloration/buggywhipping/laying down/takeyourchoice of that #"! Your stomach would just get a big knot & you could do nothing but wait out the summer & hope.

I've not heard of any damage to any RRC from any glyphosate at any rate. Though, I'm sure somewhere someone has done something.

You can get by w/no preplant product if you're lucky/good. But, there's still the question as to whether omitting preplant is a good practice or not.

Edited by Ron..NE ILL..10/48 9/2/2007 15:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)