AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I don't "get" RR corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 9/1/2007 15:55 (#196730 - in reply to #196583)
Subject: RE: I don't "get" RR corn

Burlington, IA
Dave, I agree that trait hybrids are becoming more prolific, and will only become more so. For '08, the company I work for has 20 different hybrid catagories to try and keep track of. I agree that conventional corn is not as dominant as it even recently used to be. But I think it will be some time before it disappears. I know we still carry 11 different conventional hybrids from 83 to 116 days, and 3 of them are brand new. Not as many as used to be, no. But still enough. I don't think we are the only ones still carrying a fair amount of conventionals. Most have traited versions, and as long as there is a demand, there will probably be a conventional version of the best traited hybrids available. You might just have to dig a little harder to find the ones you like. Having said that, there are a lot of just awesome trait hybrids out there that I like. Traited hybrids are nothing to shy away from, they just maybe need a little more management. Shoot, if we didn't have a few management challenges once in awhile, our skills would probably waste away from lack of use. :) Anyway, just my 2 cents.

JDH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)