AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

robotic milkers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

redcastle
Posted 2/22/2012 03:50 (#2243986 - in reply to #2024845)
Subject: Re: robotic milkers

Hello all. I have been a service technician for Lely now for over 10 years in Canada. 10 years ago Robots were not the greatest, they broke very often and constantly phoned the farmer out of Today they are very reliable and most of our customers see milk production increases from two times a day milking of 10% or more. They do not call very often, (probably once per month) and work wonderfully. When converting to robots a holstein herd would need to get rid of about 1% of their cows becuase they are unable to attach. Jersey herds have a higher cull rate because of the low udders. In my service area we have 40 Robots and our SCC on average is 147,000, BCC is 9000, Milk/Cow - 35L, Cows/Robot - 55, Milkings/Day - 3.1. These are all better than the local averages in our area, using conventional equipment. So yah Robots work well......finally. They make finacial sense for both the farmer and the dealer.....finally. Since the release of the A3 robot everyone seems to be very happy. I have seen robots be installed and be pulled out in the past. But with todays technology and how well it works and reliability. I will confidently say if a robot is removed from a farm it has more to do with poor farm management or poor training on the dealers part. The technology works wonderful so if it fails, it is more than likely Farm Management issues. Or it could be poor local support from the dealer. There is over 20,000 milking robots in the world. I think it is about 12500 Lely's 8000 DeLaval and 2500 Insentechs (Marketed under many different names). If robots did not work there would not be this many in the world. Any questions let me know I have been doing this almost as long as anyone else on this continent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)