AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

robotic milkers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 10/30/2011 19:54 (#2026514 - in reply to #2024845)
Subject: Dumb question........

This might be a really stupid question............But I've been around cows nearly all my life and milked up until 2 years ago.........I also went to college for robotics so I am well versed in them. With that said I can't believe robotics in such a dirty, non-climate controled environment will hold up over the long term and I can't believe they can make the systems so simple anyone with basic knowledge can keep them going, but I do understand that they would do a better job if everything is right, but my big question is what do you do when the power is out? From my schooling days the electronics are very sensitive to uneven voltage so what happens to them if that would ever happen? Its not like a simple vac pump and fairly simple boards in milking units that can take it? We were in a tie stall barn with Delaval auto take offs and as simple as the boards in those were, we did have an issue during the one storm with a voltage change and we lost a board in a unit...............What would happen to a Lely or a similar robot in that situation? And it not like its something that you can rig up to work either.........
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)