AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

robotic milkers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Bernie nw ON
Posted 10/30/2011 19:14 (#2026463 - in reply to #2024898)
Subject: Robots to be started in 2 weeks

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Great White North
Hey everyone, just thought I'd check what's being discussed and I'm happy to see someone noticed I have been gone! :) I've been crazy busy getting new facilities ready, we plan to move the cows back home and fire up the Lely A4s about the 15th of November. A good friend of mine just started his two A4s late September, things are going very well, 3.4 milkings per day, milk up per cow from 30L to 35L, robots are working very well. Had to ship a couple cows out of 110 but they were pretty ugly, he was amazed at how well the robot attaches uneven udders. I'm hopeful my startup is as smooth as his, I know I will need to ship out a few poorly uddered girls but that's not a big concern. Our layouts are identical, 4 rows of head to head freestalls with a drive through along one side and the robots on the end. Totally free traffic for the cows. As far as guys pulling them out, there can be multiple reasons for that but I will not be presumptuous and will wait until I have a few months of operation under my belt before making any judgements on others decisions ;)I can say getting rid of the chore of milking and managing my milking employees is something I am looking forward to. But I am more looking forward to being able to do a better job taking care of my cows, which was the reason I started down this path to begin with. I'll try to get back here in a few weeks, lots to finish off yet before the startup day.

Edited by Bernie nw ON 10/30/2011 19:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)