AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seasonal Depression
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

beh
Posted 12/24/2010 16:20 (#1505079 - in reply to #1501990)
Subject: Re: Seasonal Depression

Heil Harvesting, Ulysses KS/Limon CO
It is no secret here that I suffer seriously from depression relating back to previous medical problems.

I don't know you, I really can't say that our paths even cross often on NAT. So it is hard for me to give advice. I can't say you are depressed or suffer from depression or niether. And honestly, only some one professionally trained can answer those questions. I encourage you to find someone who can answer these questions and lead you in the RIGHT direction. Choose carefully. Unless you are very close to your MD, I suggest you look elsewhere. Email me if you would like.

Depression can be treated with medication, it is a disease. A miserable one. Trust me, it took the whole world from me. If left untreated, like most diseases, it becomes more and more violent. Your brain is nothing but a bunch of chemicals, if something gets off balance the effects can be devastating.

Being depressed is a state of mind. It can be serious for some. We are all built different, we all react differently.

Don't let either be downplayed, if it is depression, it needs to be treated. If it is being depressed, it needs to be dealt with. Personally, I do not believe that being depressed leads to the disease of depression but why risk it.

Depression: obviously, there are ways to 'cope' while it is treated. It is not easy. If you suffer from depression, it is going to be hard to let someone love you, because you don't love yourself. And until things are 'balanced' up stairs, you are not going to love yourself. I tried to treat depression with being depressed treatment: worked more, played more, drank more, chewed more, went out more. You are not going to fix depression on your own. There are two sides to depression: The chemical balance in the brain (which is helped by PROPER Doctors) and the psychological and emotional damage the imbalance causes (which is helped by YOU and counseling/therapy).

Depressed: See a therapist. A preacher. Some one. Deal with it. Work with it. There is no shame in seeing someone about your problems. If it makes YOUR life better, that is all that matters.

If girls are truly your problem, I recommend you check out The Art of Charm: How to Get and KEEP the Girl. (www.theartofcharm.com or theartofcharm.com/client-testimonials/) They focus on confidence, meeting, first impressions, surrounding yourself with friends that are positive in your life etc. It is not about manipulation. It IS a solid program to help guys. Guys like you and I.

I cannot personally speak on the girl issue. I guess I was a blessed one in that category. What I have to work on is depression and its impacts. Frankly, I do not love myself. That is the easiest diagnosis for depression from my amateur opinion. If day in, day out, you do not love yourself, you need to seek help NOW. If you do not love yourself it will be impossible to let someone fall in love with you. You sabotage yourself without even realizing it.

Whatever you do, as hard as it may be, DO SOMETHING! Speaking out was a great first step. Get it figured out so you can create a game plan. Not easy--being depressed or having depression--but working on it is necessary.

My email works. Don't hesitate to use it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)