AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SAF News
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 4/11/2024 09:49 (#10702837 - in reply to #10699920)
Subject: RE: SAF News

Leesburg, Ohio
Simo, I have some very good, fairly conservative friends that will never vote for Trump. I respect anyone's right to vote, or not, as they wish.

I do think, however, that the statement saying "if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem" is accurate in this case.

I also don't really like either candidate. The thing with our political system is, you cannot wait for the perfect candidate...there is no such thing.
It is said that "politics is the art of the possible". I would add, "not the perfect".
And I know no one like "politics". But that is how our system works, and it is the worst system in the world, EXCEPT for all the others!

Do you really think that Trump's personal bad behavior/running-off-at-the-mouth/un-likeability is more important and out-weighs dealing with the real issues of the economy, the border, our disappearing freedoms, our weakening position as leader of the free world that the current administration has messed up so totally? If we let personalities become more important than the real issues, then we deserve what we get.
And what about the Supreme Court? If Biden stays, and the dems get to pack the court with liberals, we all, including our grandchildren, will likely never see a conservative President ever again!

Maybe your Governor is unpopular at home for reasons of a pipeline, but I'll take a VP that has real farming experience over another lawyer/career politician any day.

Again, perfection will never happen. We must deal with what is possible. We must play the hand we are dealt. And right now we must choose between continuing a really crappy current situation, or picking the only alternative, an only slightly less-stinky hand, but one that has, in my estimation, a far better chance of getting us through the next four years intact, able to fight another day for a better candidate.

I do not think we have the luxury of waiting for a better candidate right now. I do not think our country can stand another four years of the present administration. Maybe we are already past the point of no return, but I will (reluctantly) put his mouth aside and vote for Trump in an effort to buy enough time for us to try for a better candidate in four years.

Edited by KDD 4/11/2024 09:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)