AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SAF News
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 4/9/2024 13:15 (#10700484 - in reply to #10700396)
Subject: RE: SAF News

I agree on the evil, but it's the sort of evil that comes from selling out to the highest bidder and having absolutely no foundation (money determines truth). The violence is not directly policy driven (gov't doesn't fund blm and antifa directly), but it is a result of policy (create unrest, talk about unrest, divide folks, etc). The green thing is a making a relatively small number of people very rich from gov't money. It's much easier to collect "dues for the big man" from fewer parties. Obviously none of those involved think green is anything real, but good business is where you find it?

On to us. We farmers drove our tractors to DC and demanded that a bunch of self interested legislators should take over our businesses. From then on it's been "the gov't has to do something" rather than I have to do something (like obey a market signal). For a time I thought ethanol help starting and then the industry would take off on it's own - providing a superior product at a good price usually works. However, the ethanol industry is doing what we do - complain that the gov't must do something (higher blends, etc). The SAF doesn't fix anything (remember CO2 is not a problem), and will be expensive to get going. My hope is it would eventually be competitively priced and a be actually a superior fuel instead of another gov't boondoggle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)