AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weight put into next generations opinions?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 4/9/2024 12:22 (#10700421 - in reply to #10699599)
Subject: RE: Weight put into next generations opinions?

Western Oregon
I helped younger brother get away at 16 and paid for him to go to auction school. We bought 7 acres together for little brother to start his livestock yard. We each got $7,500 for our part of the partnership a year later in 1974 when FHA found out about the partnership, they would not loan them any more until it was taken care of. Older brother and Dad farmed until 1980. Older brother pretty well put them out. Mom put an end to it when Dad broke his neck. She sold everything brother didn't steal (what wasn't listed as collateral) to FHA. They got a new FHA house and payments from the farm. They pretty well lost the equipment value and the down payment they got for the farm.

In 1980 little brother bought a bigger place, I asked if he could start making payments for my half and he said "what half". I never saw a dime to this day and when Mom died he told a friend of mine "I don't have any brothers, I divorced them" I have not seen him since, even though he lives 10 miles from me. He has nothing to do with older brother either. He tried to keep older brother from getting his inheritance, wanted me to help him. I told him "just do what Mom wanted". And said so in court. Older brother was shocked that I would help him, I said "I didn't I just did what was right". He said "but you could have had 1/2 of it". It wouldn't have been right, Mom had given him more over the years but he was their for Mom and Dad, even though in my mind he took advantage at the end and caused them to have to sell the farm. All water under the bridge....James ...James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)