AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How can a young farmer afford ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

GrainTrader
Posted 3/31/2024 15:33 (#10688058 - in reply to #10686367)
Subject: RE: How can a young farmer afford ground?

20 Miles West of Indianapolis Indiana
I’d concentrate on buying the 100 or so that means the most to you… in my opinion that’s more realistic in terms of numbers “here”. “Here”, 300 AC would probably be $10,000 an acre if they cut you a deal. If you somehow had $450,000 to put 15% down and got financing your talking $175,000+ in interest roughly. I suppose it’s possible if you want to work yourself to death and have zero life for the next 30+ years. I’m all about farming, all about buying land, and all about leaving more to my kids then what I may have or get, but not if it doesn’t mean ever being able to see them because i have to work overtime every chance I get that I’m not already working my own OT on my farm. I did it for 10 or so years and that was a lot. I changed jobs and could have done about 5 more but when I had kids start sports/school activities I was glad I got to see most of that so far. I’ve missed some when there was just too much going on on the farm and weather coming, but I’ve made more then I’ve missed. And I’m more appreciative of that

Edited by GrainTrader 3/31/2024 18:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)