AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Off-Farm Income/ Day Job
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 3/18/2024 17:29 (#10670459 - in reply to #10670019)
Subject: RE: Off-Farm Income/ Day Job

Thumb of Michigan
My wife was a LPN for a few years, then went back to get her RN degree. Had some good years, but due to some mergers and buyouts, it got pretty ugly. Short staffed, lots of overtime, a host of issues. I think thats fairly common anymore (at least in our general area, according to friends who hung in there longer) and she was pretty relieved when she finally quit. Its too bad, and of course I'm biased, but she was a very good nurse in the hospital doing what she did. She went to a home health care company for a few years, and eventually began teaching nurses aid classes. She did that for over 20 years, and got a lot of satisfaction from that career.

A good friend of ours was had a lot of seniority in a hospital (same as the last one my wife worked at) and got ran through hell the last couple years she was there. Fired her, figured she wouldn't get an attorney I guess. She proved that she in no way even close did what she was accused of, but didn't aske for her job back nor was it offered. She did get some medical insurance until she gets to Medicare age, back pay, and her record is spotless again. The whole ordeal took years off her, we still feel badly for her.

All I'm getting at is that in some cases, in some hospitals, the working environment for some people has gotten very bad.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)