AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Banff Canada
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

combine ken
Posted 3/17/2024 22:05 (#10669334 - in reply to #10668657)
Subject: RE: Banff Canada

southern Alberta
I live under 2 hr drive from Banff. Its beautiful, but we rarely go there. To many tourists. If you are coming from Montana/ Glacier park I would suggest the following route. From the East gate of Glacier park, Saint Mary, head North on US 89. North of Babb MT you can stop and look at the diversion pipes through the valley for water into the Milk River from the Saint Mary river. Diverts water from Hudsons Bay watershed into the Mississippi watershed. 5 minutes stop, over 100 yr old infrastructure. Then take Montana 17 into Canada. Turns into Alberta 6, then you can go to Waterton- Canadian side of park or not. 6 will take you to Pincher Creek. Fill up with gas here if needed. Nice farm/ranch country on this route. Head west on the 3 to hwy 22. Take 22 north, nice drive through the foothills of Rocky Mountains. About an hour north you will come to the town of Longview. Services here. In town turn west on hwy 541, almost guaranteed to see mountain sheep along here. Road turns into hwy 40. 40 runs through Kananaskis park ( no fee) and meets up with hwy 1 turn west and 30 ish miles to Banff. The 93 up to Jasper is nice drive also. Depends how long a trip you are planning. These are all paved roads. If you want good gravel mountain roads i can direct you there too. You can do this drive in one day. Probably 6-7 hrs without stops from Kalispell MT. All 60 mph roads except Montana 17 its 50 mph.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)