AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Banff Canada
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Green Acres Guy
Posted 3/17/2024 14:41 (#10668703 - in reply to #10668657)
Subject: RE: Banff Canada

Latimer, Iowa (north central)
We did that trip a few years back. I really enjoyed going to Grain Elevator Row in Inglis Manitoba. They give tours of 5 historic elevators.

My wife really enjoyed the white sand beaches on Lake Winnipeg. Most people don't think of pretty beaches north of Winnipeg but they are quite nice.

There is no place to do curling in Winnipeg in the summer that we could find, just a note.

We liked the old Olympic park in Calgary. They have go cart things that can be rode down the bobsled course. Fun for all ages.

There is some whitewater rafting places if you have never done that. Not as daunting as it sounds and have trips for all skill levels, I have no skills***

Fly fishing is fun and relaxing and there are outfitters to do a day trip.

If you do any of the lake hikes to the "Tea houses" beware the lines to eat and get drinks can be ridiculous. The hikes are not terrible, i did it as an average 40 year old farmer, but if someone was pretty inactive they would struggle. We had the best luck carrying a backpack with our own food and drinks and avoiding lines, Just enjoying the views.

We were really lucky to book a cabin at a lodge right along the river in Banaff. Was amazing, a little tight but good.

*Its a long drive. plan plenty of time. We were going to Seattle and I like the "Hiway through Hell" that's on the tow truck tv show in BC, we did take one of the side routes down the hill instead of the freeway. There is a really nice hiking trail on a old railroad grade through several tunnels at the bottom of the mountains.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)