AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fencing Contractor cost extreme
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 2/9/2024 07:24 (#10615440 - in reply to #10615372)
Subject: RE: Fencing Contractor cost extreme

clicker - 2/9/2024 06:34

barren - 2/9/2024 05:52

To be blunt I would say he got the vibe you were going to be difficult to deal with based on your initial discussion so he then priced it high to compensate for that.  If he is a busy man a small job like this isn't that lucrative anyway.     

. He's looking for cheap labor from the guy not a fence solution. The guy provides finished fences to his standards, not cheap labor to cobble up what the customer puts together for a.plan. he is probably insured, has a trailer full of supplies and tools and equipment to efficiently put in fence and possibly employees and you want him to mobilize everything for a half day job to be told what to use and how to do everything, then spend an hour or two at the end on minute details the customer is picking on before they will pay him. My guess is he has seen this movie before and is politely pricing himself out of this lucrative opportunity so his competition can have it.

I mean I get where your coming from not knowing the situation or conversation fully but it is a well built fence with good post. I asked him if any of the wire would need to be taken down or if it would be in his way to make his job harder. He said no it wouldn't be a issue and made it sound like it was a easy job he would be happy to do. I offered to buy the materials after he sounded like getting a truck and trailer would possibly make it take longer for him to start on it for him. Some Amish have to hire drivers and I didn't fully know his situation(but yes I said it with the idea that I would know the material cost) I also asked him afterword's if he charges more per foot for smaller jobs because I realize you can put up much more fence per hour on long straight big stretches he said only slightly more. On top of that it sounds like a small job fit his schedule better since he could get it worked in half a day because he has a different job as well.

In hindsight I think he probably has done so well for himself that he doesn't really need the work and might as well just charge a high fee and only take 1/4 of the fence jobs he otherwise would. Makes sense from his perspective...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)