AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House addition-how big for family room and master bedroom?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

seagram
Posted 10/12/2023 10:10 (#10437176 - in reply to #10431415)
Subject: RE: House addition-how big for family room and master bedroom?

ne iowa
I grew up in a small house and always thought put money in the farm first. Now a retired dairyman with bad knees and 14 grandchildren. 15 years ago I had several strokes and had to make changes and have son move to dairy. Wife found a split foyer (7 steps) with huge kitchen and 3200 finished area that we bought.
Go ahead and put a big addition on but no stairs. In floor heat is only way as old bones love it and handicap shower another must for a long stay. Our house gets 25 at holidays and grandkids are always stopping in or staying overnight for 6:00 am practice or bad weather and is not as oversized as I thought it was. My only splurge was adding a 2 person whirlpool when my wife had back trouble and I actually had to use it last week when I tripped in the cornstalks last week. With 2 1/2 baths a problem is they all have carpeted steps to get to, a difficult walk for my 88 year old mother. So many of my friends have sudden health issues ( I am 66) that easy access can be the difference between staying or leaving. I have a cousin and brother in law
that are both needing to move soon as steps are now a hinderence after surgeries.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)