AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

House addition-how big for family room and master bedroom?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 10/7/2023 14:50 (#10431415)
Subject: House addition-how big for family room and master bedroom?

SC Wisconsin
Wife and I have talked about adding on to our house a couple times just for more room. House is really cramped for birthday parties and such with my side of the family being huge and everyone keeps having kids. It's currently 1500 sq feet, 3 bed 2 bath. Our third child is due in a couple weeks, she's undecided if we are done or not. We will have a newborn, 1 yr old and a 3 yr old. Our living room now is the toy room as well. The kitchen is way too small and dated. Our thoughts were to do an addition with a large family room on the first level and a master bedroom for us upstairs. This would be off the back of the house and could add a little to the kitchen as well. The current living room would then be the kids toy room/ and overflow for family events. We're just not sure what size we should do for the family room. We would rather go too big than too small, because we're only doing this once. I'd appreciate some feedback as far as size and if you think it was sufficient. Whatever size we end up doing for the family room will determine the master bedroom size above it. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)