AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New computer what to look for
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tim ar
Posted 7/28/2023 15:51 (#10334978 - in reply to #10334170)
Subject: RE: New computer what to look for

Holly Grove Arkansas

There are many things missing. Tables, arrays, power query amongst other. Many thing that are implemented in libreoffice are better implemented in excel in that they are both simpler to use and more powerful.

Among other things I have an excel workbook that daily pull in scale tickets from my elevator's account access, cleans the raw data, computes all the discounts, gives me a pivot table with totals by farm and by crop, pulls in cash bids from the elevator site, calculates discounts, and gives me a net cash value of unpaid tickets. All unattended. That sheet would be difficult to create in librecalc. The sheet as is won't run in librecalc as I used many features that aren't available in librecalc. The sheet wasn't as difficult to create as you might think.

That isn't to say someone shouldn't use libreoffice. If libreoffice fills your need then there isn't any reason to pay for an alternative. I sometimes use libreoffice on my linux laptop.

An analogy is an x9 combine is far more capable than a 9770 but a 9770 might be better suited to many users needs.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)