AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New computer what to look for
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

forget
Posted 7/19/2023 19:47 (#10323504)
Subject: New computer what to look for

eastern sd
I am considering replacing my Dell inspiron desktop computer, it is beginning to get slow and I can no longer tolerate windows 10. I use this computer for personal pictures/excel/word/pdf and quickbooks online for farm business. I do a lot of intense web searching often with 10 tabs up at once, I know that drives some people nuts but often its the only way to find the obscure things I am searching for. I absolutely despise the windows 10 practice of trying to make a PC into a smartphone, programs are called "apps" and there is little or no system of visual organization other than to "search" for them most of the time. A smartphone is a poor substitute for a pc other than the fact that it is mobile, I cant understand the logic behind building the least desireable aspects of the smartphone back into the PC just because its what people are used to on their smartphone, I have a full screen in front of me with a keyboard and a mouse so things dont need to be so condensed. Is there any operating system that can manage to be connected to the internet without having to interject news, weather, ads into every function? Its essential that my computer be able to focus on the excel spreadsheet (or three) that I have open and not be using 25% of it's capacity checking the weather for the area that it thinks I'm in. I fear the modern version of Windows is probably worse for these things not better but I guess I dont know so thats why I'm asking. We have used dell computers for a long time with no real reason other than thats what we've always done, maybe theres a better PC out there today. Has anybody with similar needs found a good PC/Operating system that they can point me towards?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)