AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New computer what to look for
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dondozer
Posted 7/20/2023 08:12 (#10324075 - in reply to #10323504)
Subject: RE: New computer what to look for

NW Ohio,near Findlay
Reading all the posts, all of you are way over me in knowledge of computers. I have my son in law, grandkids to somewhat get me out of trouble. They have pushed me into a iPhone, so I can keep up with them I guess. Maybe the ability to track me, find my phone is a plus.
I have two computers, a old desk top I use for Quicken on farm records, nice monitor, works great, not connected to interest, but can be. All I do on quicken is enter in income, expensive is categories, hit the button on year end, fill in a worksheet for accountant, easy.
Also have a nice laptop with Windows 10 I use for internet, bank statements, watching accounts, printing out statements. Also due my AgTalk stuff on it, You tube, email. I now need to update my lap top mostly due to the problems with the case hinges are busting out, folds hard, why I don't know. Battery issues, slow on start ups, and email problems. I am using google Chrome and can use Microsoft Edge, but prefer Chrome. What the problem is now is my AOL email will not work, always error message, inscription problems. Go to help sections, tried downloading fix for Windows 10, that didn't seem to work. Son in law said using the Microsoft edge browser, that will work, which did for one time, then back to error message. I guess bottom line is why mess with it, get new computer. I go to places online, Best buy, all computer stores and get so confused. Why due they all have tablets? What is the difference compared to laptop computer or are they the same.
So for now I go to my iPhone that son in law has set up, instantly download mail, sort out the junk, can send to wireless laser printer (nice) what I want. But I do not like phone for doing anything, guess old school.
Suggestions what I need for computer, will look again, take my grandkids and son in law along.
EDIT: Correction, on Aol mail, I get error Decryption error. Can not get by this, went to all the help things, none of them I want to open, don't want to screw things up.

Edited by dondozer 7/20/2023 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)