AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating at home or going out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 7/16/2023 06:53 (#10318045 - in reply to #10317551)
Subject: RE: Eating at home or going out

Ken - 7/15/2023 19:28

I like to eat out as much as anybody but boy it's getting expensive, took my son out to Jethro's in Altoona the other day and with tip it was over $40 for lunch, tonight we grilled at home the No Bone County style ribs from Fareway were $2.99 a lb we had only 3/4 of a lb so $1.92, bought some green beans at the farmers market for $2 a lb, along with a couple pieces of bacon and some mushrooms, some really good bread for $5 with some cheese grilled we probably didn't have $10 in the whole meal and then the difference in price for my bourbon and my wifes wine, just can't justifiy going out anymore when I have a grill and a smoker sitting on the deck, Just going to save the money till we go on vacation, we even take a cooler along anymore so we can eat a lunch out of the cooler, I'm turning into my parents !!!!!!!!!!!
Ken, honestly about the best lunch value I’ve seen is at Pasta Bella in Mason City. I get the chicken Parmesan lunch special for $8.50, drink of your choice is extra. Drink water and 10 bucks gets you lunch with 20% tip, plus tax. I can eat a lot, hearty appetite, and that lunch special is all I can eat. Nice place too if you haven’t been there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)