AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driving Right Turn ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 5/30/2023 05:58 (#10249011)
Subject: Driving Right Turn ????

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana
I about had a fender bender wreck yesterday and I'm not sure who did have the right of way ........ I thought I did at the time now I wonder.

This happened in town, the speed limit was 30 on the street we both were turning onto, and there was a light at the intersection (plain old stop light with no turn arrows).

In the picture below I'm the blue car and I am actually turning out of a shopping center.

The yellow car is the one I about hit.

When the light turned green, I thought I had right away to turn right into either lane, the yellow car thought they had the right of way for the left lane and I only had right away for the outside lane.

For one thing, had I been in a semi or school bus I could have only turned into the far lane without going up on the curb.

Anyway, when the light turned green we both headed for the inside lane and I got cut off and about hit the yellow car in the passenger door.

So, basically in the picture.........the light turns green and both (yellow and blue) go for the inside lane (the one the yellow car is heading to in the picture)...yellow car cuts the blue car off (the blue had to slam on the brakes) and yellow goes first

Who had the right away?

EDIT TO ADD: we turned when the light turned green not red.

Edited by Mark (EC,IN) 5/30/2023 06:33

(Turns_NV (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Turns_NV (full).jpg (16KB - 223 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)