AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Driving Right Turn ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Glenn W.
Posted 5/30/2023 14:54 (#10249643 - in reply to #10249617)
Subject: RE: Driving Right Turn ????

Southeast Washington
Mark (EC,IN) - 5/31/2023 12:26

That is what I always thought, but it sounds like you and I are wrong.

It's just a straight stop light no green arrows........yellow and blue cars were both just sitting waiting for a green light.

I was in a straight-ahead or right-turn lane, and they were in a left-turn only .... I thought I had the right of way but I guess I didn't unless I was going straight.

Just to clarify it looks like the yellow car was in a straight or left turn lane, not a left turn only lane. You were turning onto a side street with two lanes so your are entitled to the near or right lane. The yellow car also turned into the side street into their near or left lane. Then you decided to make a lane change to the left lane that was occupied by the yellow car with your almost hitting the passenger door. You have to yield to the vehicle in the other lane before you make the lane change. The streets have two lanes to handle higher volumes of traffic and you don't get to choose two lanes at your convenience.

Now if the yellow car has a green arrow that turned to yellow arrow then red arrow and then to flashing yellow arrow while you got a green..... then several changing scenarios in play...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)