AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

49 years ago…..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 6/26/2022 09:52 (#9721785 - in reply to #9721611)
Subject: RE: 49 years ago…..

Sanilac Co. Michigan
NEiowafarmguy - 6/26/2022 08:10

You apparently didnt completely read my comment, so i will copy this section and paste here for you to read....

I dont think abortions just to get abortions should be allowed, having a ban with medical exceptions after 24 weeks is fine in my opinion, but that is something that needs to be decided between the woman, her doctor, and her partner (except rape and incest), not you or I nor the government.

And since you dont think its ok raping a woman, you can agree she shouldnt have to be forced to live with the consequences of it. By the tone on your comments, i infer you think abortions should never be allowed no matter what. So a woman is a lesser human that doesnt have as many rights as you.

I've thought about what you've said long and hard. I'll add I've had many of the same considerations and conclusions over my lifetime and I'll be 65 in a couple weeks, so what I've got to ask you and what I've got to say isn't just some knee jerk reaction. OK?

We can both agree abortion for abortions sake should be banned, yes? But you have to have laws and enforcement to make such a ban effective. That's the reality. There's no "honor system" that's going to work. It has to be treated as a crime wherever it's illegal. That's my argument with the first paragraph of your response.

The other part of your response considers abortions in the case of rape, incest, and the life of the mother. Those are situations that are traditionally considered acceptable circumstances for abortion. Though I harbor deep reservations based on the sanctity of all human life, regardless of its genesis, I'm enough of a realist to understand a total ban on all abortions under any circumstances is an untenable position. Now, how that's regulated and documented is a whole different thing! I'm sure you can see that, too.

What I'm guessing will happen in those states that absolutely prohibit abortions as their laws currently read, is women will travel for service. It's inconvenient, but not insurmountable. I also think state legislation will change the "tone" of current regulation. Regardless, this thing is now the States responsibly and there's nothing you or I can do to change that..

That's all I've got to say on the issue. For right now I'm going to do whatever I can to wash the words abortion and incest out of my mind because having written them so many times and read them even more, makes me feel filthy inside.

I wish you well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)