AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

49 years ago…..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 6/24/2022 22:26 (#9719904 - in reply to #9719317)
Subject: RE: 49 years ago…..

SWOH
Schuerman Farms - 6/24/2022 14:56

boa628 - 6/24/2022 12:45

There are only so many rights a government can give us.

Full stop. Do not pass go.

The government doesn't grant us rights. The whole purpose of the Bill of Rights is to define those God given rights that the government cannot take away.

For example -- Shall not be infringed. Period. So easy a 5th grader can understand.

Freedom of speech is another good one where some believe they have the moral high ground to control, delete, ban, and censor others. They don't.

Reading things you’ve written on here the past few years, I think we have the same opinion of government…which is that our government’s purpose is to protect those God given rights. I don’t know what political party I belong to, I’m a registered Republican but more of a Libertarian. Not exactly where you fall in either but just based on what you post, I think we’re in agreement maybe of the role government should play, if any. You’re wound a little tighter than I am though. Poor choice of words on my part. I don’t believe a government gives us those rights, but they can sure try to take them away. Our government thinks it give s us those rights. Or allows those rights. There are a lot of people in the world that believe in God that aren’t allowed those God given rights. Our constitution is supposed to protect our rights. Do you disagree? So easy a kindergartner can understand.

Freedom of speech is a freedom supposedly guaranteed by our government. I don’t believe moral high ground has anything to do with it. I have not been deleted or censored by our government, have you? Not being condescending, genuinely curious.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)