AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

49 years ago…..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 6/24/2022 14:45 (#9719303 - in reply to #9719271)
Subject: RE: 49 years ago…..

SWOH
paul the original - 6/24/2022 14:21

So few people understand how our govt is supposed to work, and the checks and balances that it has to continue working for all.

As long as we don’t mess up those checks and balances.

I think currently free speech is under tremendous attack, I hope that gets sorted out quicker than 49 years.

Paul

I don’t hope for that, it HAS to get sorted out soon or the Supreme Court isn’t going to play any part in it. We won’t be the United States in 49 years if it doesn’t. In my opinion.

There are only so many rights a government can give us. The rest is just up to human decency and respect. Rights, laws, respect, and decency all have to play well together to have a healthy society. As a Christian, I applaud today’s decision. But also as a Christian, I believe we need to put our money where our mouth is and be ready to care for unwanted children. Not through government help with tax payer money, but as decent individual human beings. Today was just the first step, now comes the compassion part to help these unwanted kids become an asset and not a liability. I’m fairly confident there will still be states where you can go for an abortion. I pray those places are minimal. I applaud today’s ruling, but there has to be some adjustments with responsibility and compassion also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)