AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain cart scale documentation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 4/30/2009 18:20 (#698673 - in reply to #698273)
Subject: RE: Took me a few minutes to look it up

Brazilton KS

Well, I have been told that the grain cart scale was acceptable, and by my reading of your excerpt, it is acceptable.  I don't have one, but I would use one if I did.  I do know people who have them and use them.  The grain cart scale is of the same accuracy as our 'non-portable farm scale,'  even if is may be portable. 

Putting marks on the side of the bin is acceptable.  I can't see how anyone can possibly rectify that concept with ever even thinking about complaining about any scale.  Heck, I could read air gauges on the truck and get closer then making marks on the side of the bin....and we don't even have air ride trailers.   I could count combine hoppers (also sort-of acceptable) and do far better then making marks on the side of a bin.  

Actually, after thinking about it, the manual scales I am thinking of have the name and load and grain hand written.  The weight is stamped by a printer on the beam.  The printer will, however, as far as I know, print whatever the dial is set on, regardless of actual weight.

The printed tickets from a 'commercial scale' could be duplicated by any middle school kid who is semi-proficient with wordpad.

The thing that I find rather ironic is that it's pretty clear that all the silly rules you could write would do nothing to stop someone from cheating, if that were what they intended to do.  What guarantee is there that the grain in the field goes into the truck, much less across the scale, be it on a grain cart, portable, stationary, or whether it has a printer or not?  Why would someone who intended to cheat be stupid enough to do it in a manner which is going to raise questions or leave a trail?  Unfortunately, I haven't always had the good fortune to run into crooks who were that dumb....but then our cop friend who used to part-time for us always said "fortunately, the average criminal is not a rocket scientist."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)