AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain cart scale documentation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 4/30/2009 01:02 (#697952 - in reply to #697933)
Subject: RE: Took me a few minutes to look it up

Brazilton KS

What grain cart with a scale does not "have an integrated display panel to display the weight?"  The rules are the rules, and as you posted, the rules clearly say that a grain cart scale is acceptable if it has 'an integrated display panel to display the weight', so this is not something for the adjuster to make up rules about.  He or she will go by what the rule says, or we would have to go up the food chain until we reached someone who passed reading.

I guess if you trade grain carts, it all goes to heck for the next year because the cart is not 'available so capacity can be determined'   Once again, we run into something stupid in the rules.

We are not using a grain cart scale, we are using a "non-portable farm scale" however if you want to be real picky we hauled it in and if we sold it, someone would certainly haul it out, so I guess it must be portable. 

If we weighed across the nearest commercial scales, a lot of the tickets would still be handwritten.  We buy 90% of our fertilizer across scales with hand written tickets.   The other 10% comes across a scale which could be hauled off.  Just can't win!

I had a huge pile of individual tickets for outgoing loads, but after about an hour of that the auditor thought it would be much nicer if we could obtain summary sheets from the places we have delivered to.  The summaries contain all the same information as the individual sheets, so that distinction seems pretty silly to me.   The thing is most of the rules seem pretty silly to me.  If you are honest, you are honest.  If you are going to cheat, I have not seen anything in the rules which would prevent it. With  optional units and our local soils and prevailing weather,  a claim somewhere is pretty well a sure bet in any given year, so I get to meet most of the available adjusters.  The adjusters who have worked our claims have all pretty much said they know if someone is cheating within ten minutes.   Proving it is the more difficult part.  Honestly, I can't see how anyone with more then a one-man show could pull off much in the way of cheating.   How would you coordinate five years of cheating with different employees and truck drivers and merchants through the years?...and remember, the totals have to work out, anyway.    Pop always said if you stick with the truth you don't ever have to remember what your story was.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)