AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain bagging (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ontrack
Posted 4/21/2009 13:34 (#688343 - in reply to #687969)
Subject: RE: Grain bagging (pics)

Southwest Minnesota

It is possible to load and unload by yourself.  The snow isn't a problem.  The corn can be put in the bag rather wet and dried later.  Equipment is around 45000.  You can use a 50 hp tractor.  If you can haul your crop that cheap I'll let you haul every bushel of mine.  It cost me on average around 4 cents per bushel to haul everything to my yard and my average haul is around 8 miles one way.  This cost is not allowing for much expense of the truck and trailer. 

The equipment I feel is expensive for what you get, but that money can be saved in other areas.  You can have a smaller dryer, smaller augers, less bins, less semis and less labor.  When you have a great year and don't have room for your crop you will save lots of money on not having to haul it to town and get screwed on the the basis or storage charge.

But this system isn't for everyone.  It is more geared for the farmer who is spread out. 

How's planting going?  Some corn in the ground but not much, the sun doesn't stay out long enough to dry things out.  I'd say by thursday everyone will be full bore.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)