AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

modular homes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MN Dave 2
Posted 2/28/2009 22:07 (#626962 - in reply to #626558)
Subject: Re: modular homes

My wife and I were 99.9% sure that we were going to build a modular home, 2 main reasons were time to build and "price" difference vs. stick built. Upon recommendation of a good friend , we gave same house plan to a local builder (Northern Energy Homes, Wells, MN) and they gave us a price that was virtually same as a modular when it was all said and done. We are very pleased with our new 2150 sq. ft stick built house. We dug basement in middle of April and moved in middle of Sept, 2 days before bean harvest. (Man, were we tired from moving) We've been in many modular homes, seen them as they were being torn apart to be moved, wife's sister has 11 year old modular, son purchased a modular home built about 1970.... I'm sorry, but from what I've seen, on average, a stick built house is much superior to a modular.

When we were pricing modular houses, we were told the pluming/heating was "ready to hook up", so we didn't count any extra money against the modular house. (We were trying to come up with an as accurate apple to apple $$$ figure as possible). There was a new modular home built near us this summer and I'm told it cost them $10000 extra to hook up pluming/heating. BTW, we/Northern Energy Homes is having an open house March 7/8 at our new home for interested people.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)