AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

modular homes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 2/28/2009 20:06 (#626820 - in reply to #626558)
Subject: RE: modular homes

Burlington, IA
My wife and I have looked at several modular homes built by All American Homes. They are of excellent quality and construction. Once up, you can hardly tell them from a stick built home. Design Homes, and Homeway Homes also look like they are well built, although we haven't studied them as intensely as All American. I wouldn't be a bit afraid of any of the 3.

There are also a couple of companies, Homestead Homes, and President Homes, which have programs to stick build homes, where you are the general contractor, and can do as much or as little of the work yourself as you want. They encourage sweat equity, in fact. We have been in several of those, as well, and they are also of excellent quality. Any of the aforementioned companies will build from one of their own designs, which you can modify, or will work with a custom design of your own choosing. I wouldn't be afraid of these 2, either.

Our biggest problem is finding the right piece of ground, and then deciding which one to use. Not necessarily a quick process.

JDH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)