AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question on a pond by a house???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 2/26/2009 20:51 (#624252)
Subject: Question on a pond by a house???

Mid Michigan
I have a friend that has about a half acre 20 ft deep pond about 150 feet behind his house. He uses it for a return resevoir for his geothermal furnace. I was over there two years ago digging up a feed line from his ditch to the pond that he sometimes fills his pond from. Here is the problem. He said this pond is giving him grief with his basement. I don't think the pond had any kind of proper liner in it when it was dug. Now he said when we get a lot of rain and the water level in the pond is high his sump pump never shuts off. Figures it to be costing at least $100 dollars a month to run it in wet times of the year. He wants me to come over and trench a tile along his basement with a perforated drain tile to his ditch about 400 feet away to relieve some of the water from in between the house and pond. I told him I think it might not help at all because this could be coming up from 15-20 Feet below the ground level not just a four foot deep tile problem. I'm not sure if it would help him at all. I told him it might be better money spent to drain the pond and put a proper liner in it and be done with it. He sounded kind of desperate and fed up. This is a nice place and I feel bad for him. Anybody have any experience in this type of situation? I told him I would trench it for him when the weather gets more normal. I didn't want to do it right now anyway. Too nasty outside and would mess his yard all up. Good summer job if we do it. Any pond owners with a wet basement?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)