AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Second worst day of what has been a miserable harvest.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jim in Sask
Posted 10/2/2008 01:13 (#473481 - in reply to #473433)
Subject: Re: Second worst day of what has been a miserable harvest.

Sorry to hear of you troubles Jon. One thing that might be worth looking into for your mother is something that my mother had in the seniors' home where she lived. It was a device that they wore either like a wristwatch or a necklace. If the person had problems they would press the button on it which would activate a distress line (I believe the base for it was in Calgary). The operator could speak to the old person or, if there was no response, call preset contact numbers to alert a family member or caregiver of trouble. One time my mother fell and the operator called both the seniors' home staff and me that there was a problem. I'm sure a similar system would be available down there - might need an extra phone line or something but it would be well worth the cost.
Scary to see the broken axle on the combine. A couple years ago a fellow from Missouri using the handle 1206SWMO had a picture of the right axle on his 1420 busted off. Didn't realize others had the same thing happen. Is the stripper header quite heavy compared to a regular header?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)