AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mutliple combines coverage maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 8/17/2008 19:08 (#437235 - in reply to #436581)
Subject: Re: Mutliple combines coverage maps

South central, Nebraska
Ted,
I have also observed similar errors in flow rates on the upper and lower ends.

I had a YM2000 in my previous machine and felt it was dialed in quite well. I could see good definition on the maps in transition areas. I also had the ability to fine tune the through put flow delay with SMS as a post data correction. My previous machine was more limited by power than what I have now so I did not have as much trouble with the extremes.

I now have more power available and an AFX rotor. This really expands the range of flow vs the old machine and brings out the error of expanded high and low flow rates. To make matters worse, my current machine has an AFS monitor and the data is logged in a way that you can not change the flow delays after it has been recorded. To compound it even more, the software version I had would not even let you adjust the throughput flow delay. It was very apparent at the beginning and end of each pass that the delay was way off. The transition areas in the field are know longer defined because the delay error is not plotting the mass where it was actually harvested. Basically, the last two years of data are worthless as yield maps.

It has been an interesting experience to say the least. SMS support can't help me adjust the flow delay error because the way CIH logs the data and CIH can't help me because it was developed by SMS???

I am getting a new firmware version for this fall that was suggested may help???? Maybe third times a charm!!!

It just seems the higher capacity of machines today is creating a much higher flow range and the accuracy of the monitor has suffered. It has been impossible for me to get very high and very low flows calibrated in this monitor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)