AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mutliple combines coverage maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Francis
Posted 8/15/2008 19:12 (#436132)
Subject: Mutliple combines coverage maps

Redfield, SD
I don't know exactly how to ask this question, so here goes. If a customer has multiple combines(more than 3) in the same field with operator's of different skill levels. Is there a system that can record the actual cut width of each combine based upon other combine passes and accurately record acres cut by each machine with accurate yield and acre totals. Poorly asked, sorry. Let's say that operator A is very good and can cut 34 ft. out of 35 ft. every time, but operator B is not so good and can cut on the average only about 30ft. out of 35ft. and it is inconsistent. Get the picture? Is there a system that can aggregate the information to one location using some type of coverage map to tell operator B's machine that 5 ft. of what you are cutting has been cut so I will ignore that? Sorry once again for the poor wording. Is there such a system? What is being worked on by the majors? This in my opinion would be the next big deal. Not just harvest, but planting and seeding too.
Please advise of any system out there, and if someone has better terminology for this application have at it.
Francis Schaffer
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)