AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight counts too many acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2008 07:43 (#376370 - in reply to #376287)
Subject: Re: Insight counts too many acres

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I feel there is some confusion on this whole issue.

1) changing the flowmeter number will have no effect on the acres. It will have an effect on the sprayed rate and any other computation involving flow.

2) the radar gun is not necessary to use at all. I have sprayed and applied NH3 with my systems for several years and don't even have a radar gun hooked up! The thinking that the GPS speed is used for somethings and not others cannot be true since I don't even use a radar gun at all.

3) even with autoboom and autopilot some increase in applied acres over true field acres is expected. If my applied acres are not somewhat larger than my expected true field acres I would be unhappy. Odd shaped fields with the overlap on the ends and point rows will increase the difference between the applied acres and true acres. Large long rectangular fields will have the least amount of difference between the two values.

4) on the Insight if one is using radar and has the primary speed source set as radar then radar would be used. If you change the value of the radar setting be certain to go to a new region so that the new values are applied to this region for your next comparison.

5) In summary, we usually just set the speed to GPS. One of my coworkers did notice some erratic speed from GPS on a planter this Spring and did switch to radar on that rig. We are not sure why this was the case on that rig.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)