AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight counts too many acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ngassner
Posted 5/11/2008 01:05 (#375441)
Subject: Insight counts too many acres

I have an insight in a case spx 3200. The tank holds 1000 gal and I want to spray 160 acres on a tank. Thats a rate of 6.25 gal/ac. To be sure I don't run out I set my rate at 6.2 gal/ac. I tell the insight I've filled my thousand gallon container, and then I go spray. I know my feild is 160 ac when its dry and I even sprayed around a 5 acre water hole. By the time I get close to finishing the feild ( 150 acres actually sprayed) the insight says my containers empty when I still have a little solution left. So I close the sparge valve and go for it but I can`t get the feild done. After I`ve called out the water truck, mixed an extra 100 gal of solution, and finished the feild, the insight says my wet 155-160 acre feild is 172 acres. Becuase the insight thinks its covering more acres than it actually is, Im not achieving the proper rate. Is the acre counting based off the distance calibration. is this based off the radar. can anyone tell me the pulses per set distance for a case spx 3200 or is the distance cal. not my problem at all and i have a gps to insight problem. from what i read the insight only uses the gps for position and speed, but not distance. Any help would be appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)