AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drainage question??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/21/2008 21:15 (#338897 - in reply to #338746)
Subject: Re: Drainage question??

southern MN
I'm in Minnesota. Must be 30 years ago, neighbor was going to hook onto our 8 inch tile line with his 10 inch tile draining 20 acres & our line was already too full. Dad got that stopped. He woulda had to go under the road & over to our side.

Fella wasn't allowed to drain into the road ditch, but the county gave him a varrience to run tile in the road ditch right of way down to the waterway ditch. The road ditch has a cut in it or he woulda needed to go 8 feet deep on his side in the field.... Caused some issues a decade ago when they widened the county road, tile was in the way, county had to maintain it. The fellas working on the road said stuff like that would never be allowed any more.

I can't say I know the details from back then, but the water woulda run all the way with gravity so he wouldn't have really needed the tile past the hill. Seems it was not allowed to just run open into the road ditch at that time. Haven't kept up with it, if things changed since. Might just be my county. Might just be my misunderstanding of what went on back then.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)