AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drainage question??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

anotherwindyday
Posted 3/20/2008 19:49 (#338117)
Subject: Drainage question??

Hello, i bought a farm on the missouri bottom and am having a little drainage problem. My problem is on the north end of the farm there is a raised fenceline that is blocking water from draining off my property across my neighbors and through to the east road ditch. About half my farm drains to the northeast and the should continue on but like i said is blocked from doing it. I have talked to neighbor to the north about taking out the fenceline and smoothing it out( which i was going to do all myself on my own buck) and he says his folks own the place and they got into it with whoever owned the place i do now back in the 50's and want to leave the fence in place. Now if i leave it the way it is now i will most always have 2 or so acres that are a pond most of the time and the end tower on a pivot that im in the process of getting installed will have to run through it every pass. I know some guys would just go out there with a shovel and dig a trench through the berm but i would be digging through about 4 feet of his property and i dont think i want to do that. It rises about three feet or so from the middle of the fenceline to the east end so ditching would probably be out of the question. I thought about trying to hire a backhoe guy to bury some tile and a hickenbottom(sp) to drain it to the road ditch to the east, it would probably be around 1200 or so ft. Anyone have any idea how much that would cost? If i went that route and we got a real good rain the excess water from my place would more than likely back up on some of his since it is around 5 ft or so lower than mine. Is that my problem or not? Never had much bottom ground, mostly all hill ground that why never had to deal with this before. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)